Domestic violence can be physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Domestic Violence occurs anytime one partner is trying to control, hurt or degrade the other partner.
If this is happening to you, there is help!Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline: 801-377-5500
Crisis Counseling * Resources * Shelter
If you fear for your physical safety, call 911
You are experiencing domestic violence if your partner...
- Slaps, punches, kicks, bites, chokes, pulls your hair, or burns you
- Tries to make you have sex when you don't want to
- Calls you obscene names
- Tries to keep you from seeing family or friends
- Controls the family money so that you have to account for every penny or beg for money
- Threatens to harm you, your children or him/her self
We offer education groups
In the domestic violence education group we discuss the difficulties that come from dealing with domestic violence and how to deal with them. The Classes are on Wednesday nights at 6:00 pm at our outreach office-- 1433 E 840 N Orem, UT Cick Here for Directions
If you are not safe, call 911
Click here to find the victim advocate at your local police department